They come in handy in a pinch, keep all our electronics running and in general make life at home a lot easier. It’s a fact: extension cords are quite frankly a home necessity.Get more news about Extension Socket Company,you can vist our website!

Overall, yes. When used properly, extension leads are safe for use around the house. For added peace of mind, every extension cord you use should be manufactured and purchased from a trusted supplier. Likewise, if a lead is damaged in any way, it should not be used as this can make it a hazard.

No, you should never plug more than one extension cord into a power source. This also means you shouldn’t ‘daisy chain’ extension leads. By doing this, you run the risk of overloading the wall socket which can result in blowing a fuse or even an electrical fire.

Even if you haven’t noticed any of these issues, it’s a good idea to annually audit the lead extensions you have around the house. Add it to the list when you check your fire or carbon monoxide detectors! Also, you should never attempt to fix an extension cord yourself. If it’s damaged, it’s time to replace it!

Can extension leads be left on?
If you use an up-to-date extension cord properly, you shouldn’t have an issue if you leave it on the majority of the time. That being said, it is always wise to switch off sockets you aren’t using and the same goes for an extension lead that isn’t being used. Also, if you overload an extension lead and leave it on permanently, it is more likely to overheat which can cause damage to your belongings or even start a fire.

We recommend turning an extension lead off or unplugging it altogether if you won’t be home for a few days at a time or if there is nothing plugged into the extension cord. Of course, if you notice any of the issues we noted above, you should immediately turn off the cord’s power source and unplug the extension lead.
What should you not plug into an extension cord?
There are two main things that should never be plugged into an extension cord: another extension lead and major appliances. Small to large appliances can quickly overheat a lead extender which can result in damages or even a fire. Most kitchen appliances, from your fridge all the way down to your kettle or toaster, should never be used with an extension cord.

If you’re unsure if something should be plugged in via a cord extender, it’s best to play it safe. But if you must use one temporarily, be sure that the extension lead you choose is powerful enough to supply the correct amount of electricity.