Adhesives are used in a variety of industries for bonding two surfaces together. The strength of the bond is important to ensure the safety and efficiency of products. One way to test the strength of an adhesive is to measure its peel strength. The results of this test can help determine if an adhesive is suitable for its intended application or not. Presto is a leading manufacturer of lab testing instruments and is working in the same industry for the past 40 years. The expert team of technical engineers has designed a high-quality peel/seal/bond and adhesion strength tester that is used to quantify the permanence of adhesion or peel ability of self-adhesive pressure-sensitive materials. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss brief information about the adhesion test and how this lab testing instrument is useful in testing the peel ability of adhesives. But before that, let us focus on peel strength and why it is important for you to test the peel strength of the materials.
What is peel strength and why is it important for you to test the peel strength of materials?
The peel strength of an adhesive is a measure of its ability to resist being pulled apart. It is an important property to consider when choosing an adhesive for your application, as it can affect the bond strength and durability of the material.
When the adhesives will easily get pulled away from the substrate then it will lead to damage to the product easily. Thus, it is important for you to test the peel strength of the material and ensure that quality material will be delivered to the customers.
If the materials have high peel strength, then it will lead to less product damage as it will create a strong bond with the material. You can easily read more about the benefits of having a high peel strength of adhesives.
Presto is the leading peel tester manufacturer that offers this quality lab testing instrument at the best prices. Now, let us discuss how Presto peel strength testing machine will help to test the peel ability of materials.
How does Presto Peel/Seal / Bond and Adhesion Strength Tester help to test the peel ability of adhesives?
Different adhesives have different peel strengths, which is why it’s important to test the peel strength of adhesives before using them. The stronger the adhesive, the better it will be at holding the material. Thus, it is important for you to test the peel ability of adhesives to ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
Presto ASTM D903 peel strength tester is used to test the peel ability of materials by applying for a standardized test plate under specified conditions, from the plate at a specified angle and speed. This quality lab testing instrument is highly useful in the paper & package testing industry. It has been embedded with high-end features that will help to evaluate the peeling ability of adhesives. Now, let us discuss the features and technical specifications of this quality lab testing equipment.
Features of Presto Peel/Seal / Bond and Adhesion Strength Tester (digital model)
In different sectors of the packaging industry, the ASTM Standardized peel strength tester has been used to test the peel ability of adhesives with ease. Below we have listed the features of this quality lab testing equipment.
- High testing ranges from 5 kgf to 20 kgf.
- Vice-type clamping grips for firm gripping of the test specimen.
- Highly sensitive Z-type load cell sensor for accurate analysis of load.
- Advanced peak load indicator for accurate readout and storage of test results.
- Limit switches protection for the protection of grips and the machine.
- Powder-coated body with corrosion resistance.
- Available in different capacities as per client’s requirements
- Feather touch controls and VFD drive with multi-speed facility available
- Bright LED Display.
Technical Specifications of Presto Peel/Seal / Bond and Adhesion Strength Tester (digital model)
- Maximum Load range: 20 kgf
- Grip to Grip Span: 300 mm
- Test Speed Range: 300 mm per min ± 5%.
- Load Monitoring: Peak Load indicator with digital readout and peak hold feature
- Load Sensor: Universal Z-type Load Cell.
- Clamping mechanism: Vice-type clamping Grips with a standard width of 15 mm.
- Load accuracy: ±0.5% full scale (with the master load.)
- Least count: 20 kgf/ 0.002
- Load Cell Over-load safety: <80% of the total load
- Safety Feature: Up and down fixed and movable mechanical limit switch.
- Over Load relay contact rating: Potential free relay 5 Amp. 220 V AC single phase
- Earthing Required: Proper Earthing required corresponding to not more than 4 V AC with respect to neutral
With its high-end features and technical specifications, one can easily conduct a peel strength test on the materials and ensures that a quality product will be delivered. If you want to know about the peel tester price or other related information then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and requirements.
Source link – https://www.prestogroup.com/blog/are-your-adhesives-strong-enough-to-withstand-high-peels/