A P3 visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa that is designed for artists and entertainers who are coming to the United States to perform, teach, or coach in a culturally unique program. The visa allows the artist to stay in the US for up to one year.

How to Get a P3 Visa


A P3 visa is a type of visa issued to artists or entertainers who are coming to the United States to perform, teach, or coach under a program that is culturally unique. This type of visa is typically issued to those who are part of a culturally unique group or organization, such as a dance troupe, musical group, or theater company.


If you are interested in applying for a P3 visa, there are several steps you must take.


  1. Contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to determine if you are eligible for a P3 visa.


  1. Obtain a petition from the USCIS. This petition must be completed and signed by the sponsoring organization.


  1. Submit the petition to the USCIS along with the required documents, such as proof of your qualifications, proof of the organization’s cultural uniqueness, and a detailed itinerary of your activities in the U.S.


  1. Wait for the USCIS to review your petition. If approved, you will receive a notice of approval.


  1. Apply for a P3 visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate. You will need to provide the notice of approval, your passport, and other required documents.


  1. Wait for the visa to be issued. Once issued, you can travel to the U.S.


Once you arrive in the U.S., you must follow all the rules and regulations of your visa. This includes not working outside of the activities listed in your petition and not staying in the U.S. longer than the duration of your visa.