Interested in finding out the quick fixes to QuickBooks error code 31? If yes, then this post will surely help. The user can face this issue when opening payroll reports in Excel. Also, when the user tries to install the software, update it, launch it, sync it, try to open it, delete or remove a file, export a file, print something, or import or add accounts on Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10. Malicious software, corruption in software, or hardware malfunctioning cause this issue. The user can end up in such an error due to a couple of factors, which we will be discussing later in this post. To learn those factors and fixes for the issue, make sure to read this post carefully. Or you can also contact our tech support team at 1-844-405-0907 and ask them to help you with the process.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 31
The user can try to perform the below set of steps to successfully get rid of the QuickBooks error code 31. Let us have a look:
- The very first step is to check if the windows operating system is working properly.
- If your windows OS is not updated, it may create issues.
- Now, remove all security software that you may have installed recently.
- The user is then required to turn off the Firewall.
- Also, make sure that you haven’t opened any other application while you are trying to fix Intuit QuickBooks Error 31.
- In case the application was working fine lately with your security software, check if the security software is updated.
- Now, uninstall any application or software that you have installed recently.
- Use Windows explorer to explore the file where error message is found.
- After that double-click the file where error message is found, and you will receive a prompt requesting you to choose a program to connect the file.
- Also, choose Excel and click Ok to connect the format with Excel and you should be able to successfully open the payroll report.
Once you are done with the above steps, it is expected to eliminate the error from its root cause. However, if you aren’t able to, then consulting our tech team at 1-844-405-0907 is recommended. Our QuickBooks error support team has years of experience and expertise in providing immediate support services for QuickBooks related issues. If you need our assistance, then feel free to discuss your queries with our experts.