Is your QuickBooks Desktop version often freezing or not responding at all? Various possible reasons can cause your QuickBooks program not to start or to stop working suddenly. Sometimes, a missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file, too long company name, corrupted hard disk, incorrect QuickBooks Desktop installation, and an out-of-date operating system can lead to the problems. But the best cure to resolve such issues is that you can call QuickBooks support for immediate assistance.
Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Work Issue
Below are the methods and suggestions to fix this QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Work or QuickBooks has stopped working issue.
Method 1 – Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Utility
- If you’re unable to open the QuickBooks Desktop version or it’s often freezing up when performing any tasks.
- You should use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to find and repair the corrupted components.
- You can download this utility from the Intuit website.
- This tool will surely help you fix QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Work issue. If not then you can try the below second steps to fix it.
Method 2 – Reboot Computer and Turn off Antivirus Software Temporarily
- Restarting the computer is the best method to get rid of almost all computer problems.
- So, you must restart your PC to fix the QuickBooks issues.
- If it doesn’t work, you can disable the antivirus program temporarily which may stop your QB program from opening and be working correctly.
- You can check the antivirus user’s prompts for the step-by-step directions on how to turn off the antivirus software.
Method 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
- If the “QuickBooks Desktop won’t work problems continue, you can uninstall then reinstall the QuickBooks program to start afresh.
- You can use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to install the QB correctly.
- For the step-by-step directions, you can go to Intuit’s official website or call the QuickBooks Support technician to help you with the steps.
Related Queries to QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Work
- QuickBooks won’t open the company file
- QuickBooks won’t open in windows 10
- Suppressing the desktop in QuickBooks for Windows
- QuickBooks online app won’t open
- QuickBooks has stopped working
- Fix QuickBooks not responding when opening
- QuickBooks not responding when opening a company file
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the QuickBooks error support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it.