The submersible pump product is a water-lifting machine that runs submerged underwater. There are mainly small submersible pumps, sewage, and sewage submersible pumps, well submersible pumps, and other types. The submersible pump has a compact structure, is convenient to install, and is easy to use. When working, the submersible pump is located underwater, and the operating noise disappears underwater, and the noise of the unit can hardly be heard, which greatly improves the working environment. At the same time, the motor runs underwater, and the heat dissipation conditions are good, which can improve the efficiency of the motor and prolong its service life of the motor. It is widely used in farmland irrigation, sewage removal, and drinking water transportation. So what should you pay attention to when buying a submersible pump?
Precautions for buying submersible pumps
1. The choice of the manufacturer.
When choosing a submersible pump, you must first identify the manufacturer of the pump. When choosing a pump, you must first see the brand and product qualification certificate. You cannot buy three-no products, that is, no manufacturer, no production date, and no production license.
2. The choice of type.
(1) When selecting a submersible pump for a well, the frame number of the electric pump should be determined according to the diameter of the well, and then its specific specifications and models should be selected according to the actual flow and head of the well.
(2) When it is used for water intake in general clean water places such as shallow wells, rivers, and lakes, the upper pump type submersible pumps such as QY type, Q type, and QS type can be preferred.
(3) For local area drainage, the water quality contains small particles of solid impurities, such as flood control and drainage, construction, farm purification, etc., it is more suitable to use QX type, QDX type, and other submersible pumps.
(4) When it is used to transport sewage containing solid particles and sewage, especially sewage containing large particles of sewage, the WQ sewage submersible pump should be selected.
(5) When used in mining areas such as coal mines to transport sewage containing solid particles such as dirt and coal powder, an explosion-proof mining submersible pump must be selected, and general submersible pumps should not be used to avoid the risk of explosion.
3. Choice of single-phase pump or three-phase pump.
The single-phase pump or the three-phase pump should be decided according to the local power supply situation. Where there is a three-phase power supply, the three-phase pump should generally be selected. This is because the three-phase pump is smaller in size, lighter in weight, and has less vibration than the three-phase pump of the same specification, so it is more economical to choose a three-phase pump.
4. Specification selection
Different specifications of submersible pumps have different ranges of use. The flow and head specified on the nameplate of any submersible pump are the rated working conditions of the submersible pump and are generally the best point for higher efficiency.
In use, as the flow and head change, the efficiency and motor power of the submersible pump also change accordingly, which has a certain impact on the economy and reliability of the submersible pump. If the lift used is too low, the motor will overheat, and the motor will even be burned out if it runs for a long time; if the lift used is too high, the flow rate of the pump will become smaller and the efficiency will decrease.
Submersible pumps can generally operate normally within the range of 0.7 times to 1.2 times the rated flow rate. Therefore, it is required that users must consider the appropriate range of use when selecting and using submersible pumps, especially for submersible pumps with a high head, do not make them run at a too low head point, otherwise, it will waste electric energy and may damage the submersible pump.
5. Inspection of the quality of the submersible pump.
The motor of the submersible pump has structures such as water-filled, oil-filled, and shielded. Before using the water-filled pump, all the bolts of the two water injection holes must be unscrewed, one is filled with water (no sandy water), and the other is discharged with air. After the water is filled, it is necessary to wait for about 15 minutes. Add water until it is full of water and then tighten the 2 water injection bolts. Keep the motor sealed. After the motor is filled with water, the windings work in water, and the insulation of the motor can be measured. To measure the insulation resistance, a megohmmeter must be used, not a multimeter, because the range of the multimeter is limited. Not sure. After the insulation is qualified, the water pump shall be tested for trial operation. Where conditions permit, after filling the motor with water and tightening the water injection bolts, the pump can be energized for trial operation in the pool, but it cannot run for a long time.
The above is about the matters that should be paid attention to when purchasing a submersible pump, I hope it can be helpful to everyone. If you are interested in submersible pumps, welcome to pay attention to our website.