Infertility Drugs Market: Introduction
- Infertility is medically described as the inability of a woman to become pregnant after nine months of unprotected sexual intercourse (or without using any birth control pills). According to the NHS, U.K., around 1 in 7 couples has problems conceiving, which is around 4 million people. A common cause behind infertility among women is problems with ovulation. According to several medical practitioners, lack of ovulation can result from polycystic ovary syndrome, thyroid issues (both overactive thyroid glands and underactive thyroid glands hamper ovulation), and premature ovarian failure in women. Additionally, pelvic or cervical surgery, thinner cervical mucus, fibroids (non-cancerous growth around wombs), and endometriosis can be reasons for infertility among women. Furthermore, overuse of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chemotherapy, neuroleptic medicines, spironolactone, and illegal drugs such as marijuana and cocaine may cause issues in ovulation among women.
- Infertility among men is caused by poor quality of sperms and semen, injury to the testicles (caused by testicular cancer, testicular surgery, etc.), ejaculation disorders, and overuse of medications such as sulfasalazine and anabolic steroids. Common diagnostic examinations include blood test, ultrasound scan, chlamydia test, and laparoscopy (semen analysis for infertility testing among men).
Read Report Overview - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/infertility-drugs-market.html
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Infertility Drugs Market
- The infertility drugs market is anticipated to expand significantly, due to rising research and developmental studies for more effective treatment to achieve pregnancy and live births. For instance, in 2014, a team of researchers at National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) found that women treated with Letrozole have high rates of ovulation and live births as compared to women treated with the standard drug, Clomiphene. Furthermore, among women who received Letrozole, 27.5% of them eventually had a live birth, and women who received clomiphene only 19.1% experienced a live birth. The cumulative ovulation rate was higher for the Letrozole group, with ovulation occurring 61.7% of the time, and the women in the clomiphene group ovulated 48.3% of the time.
- Moreover, increase in incidences of lifestyle disorders and unhealthy diet including stress, smoking, obesity, diabetes, and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) also leads to infertility, eventually boosting the demand for infertility drugs. According to a study published in National Center for Biotechnology and Information (NCBI) 2015 report, in China, smoking was associated with decline in sperm density by 15.3%, total sperm counts by 17.5%, and total motile sperm by 16.6%, as compared to that of nonsmokers.
- The infertility drugs market is hampered by the side-effects exhibited by drugs including nausea, headache, upper respiratory tract infection, sinus congestion, abdominal tenderness, mood swings, breast tenderness, acne, pelvic discomfort, weight gain, abnormal bleeding or spotting, injection site pain, vomiting, redness, dizziness, and Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS). As per the study published in NCBI, in 2016, up to 10% to 20% of women who consume infertility drugs could develop a mild form of OHSS, which would usually resolve on its own. Severe cases of OHSS occur in less than 1% of patients in the U.S.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Infertility Drugs Market
The global infertility drugs market can be segmented into five major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America held a leading share of the global infertility drugs market in 2020, owing to a highly developed pharmaceutical industry, high rate of diagnosis and treatment of infertility, well-established health care infrastructure, and presence of major players in the region. In Europe, Germany, France, and the U.K. accounted for a major share of the infertility drugs market in 2020.The market in Italy and Spain is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period. Highly developed healthcare industry, high rate of diagnosis and treatment of infertility, and participation of small companies in the market are key factors that contributed to the significant market share held by Germany, France, and the U.K. in 2020.
Enquiry Before Buying: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=EB&rep_id=58953
In Asia, China and Japan held a dominant share of the infertility drugs market in 2020. The infertility drugs market in India is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR in the near future, owing to the developing healthcare industry, presence of well-established domestic players, and intense competition between domestic and international players in the country. An underdeveloped healthcare industry and lack of awareness about infertility drugs are likely to hamper the infertility drugs market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Infertility Drugs Market
The global infertility drugs market is competitive and consists of several major players. Prominent players in the market are implementing various strategies such as launching new products and making acquisitions to consolidate their market positions across the world. Furthermore, a steep rise in the availability of public funding to develop these drugs is also anticipated to fuel the market. In December 2019, Allergan announced that its product PrFIBRISTAL was publicly funded through the Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) Formulary and the Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) Program. PrFIBRISTAL is used in first-in-class medical treatment for uterine fibroids that lead to infertility. Uterine fibroids are highly common gynecological tumors that affect almost one-in-three women of reproductive age in Canada. Such encouraging public funds and innovative approaches to treat infertility are likely to propel the market during the forecast period. Major players operating in the global infertility drugs market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Merck KGaA.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis International AG
- Bayer AG
- Mankind Pharma
- Teva Pharmaceticals Industries
- Merck & Co.
- LIVZON Pharmaceutical Group Inc.
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals
- The Cooper Companies Inc.
- Cook Group Incorporated
- Vitrolife AB
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Esco Micro Pte. Ltd.
- Genea Limited
- IVFtech ApS
- Irvine Scientific
- The Baker Company, Inc.
- Rocket Medical Plc
- IHMedical A/S
- Hamilton Throne Ltd.
- MedGyn Products, Inc.
- ZEISS Group
- SoMATEX Medical Technologies GmbH
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453