Hyperkalemia Drugs Market: Introduction
- Potassium in the blood is essential to regulate the function of muscles, maintain fluid balance, and control nerve signals. A high potassium diet could lower the risk of heart attack and stroke, reduce high blood pressure, and decrease the threat of osteoarthritis. Ideally, potassium level in the blood should range from 3.6 mmol to 5.2 mmol per liter. However, the level of potassium could surpass the normal level if it is not properly removed from blood due to improper kidney function. This medical condition is known as hyperkalemia, where the potassium level in the blood is higher than normal. The condition can be life threatening if blood potassium level surpasses 6.0 mmol per liter. The most common symptoms of hyperkalemia are tiredness, chest pain, improper heart beating, nausea, and tingling.
Request a PDF Brochure - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=57756
- Rise in cases of various chronic diseases such as cardiovascular-related disorders and chronic kidney diseases propel the global hyperkalemia drugs market. Chronic kidney diseases increase the risk of patients developing hyperkalemia, as the kidneys lose the capability to excrete potassium through urine. The capability of kidneys to excrete potassium decreases with time, which increases the risk of hyperkalemia becoming acute. Similarly, cardiovascular-related disorders also increase the risk of hyperkalemia in people. Hence, increase in incidence of these diseases is anticipated to contribute to the growth of the global hyperkalemia drugs market during the forecast period.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Hyperkalemia Drugs Market- https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=57756
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Hyperkalemia Drugs Market
- Rise in prevalence rates of chronic hyperkalemia is attributed to increase in the global geriatric population. Aging population and advancement in medical technology are projected to contribute to the rise in prevalence of heart failure and chronic kidney diseases. Consequently, a larger pool of patients is likely to be at risk of hyperkalemia. According to data from the World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision, the number of older people aged 60 years or above are expected to more than double by 2050 and triple by 2100, increasing from 962 million in 2017 to 2.1 billion in 2050 and 3.1 billion in 2100.
- Hyperkalemia has been reported in around 5% of the general population across the globe. According to the National Kidney Foundation, the occurrence of hyperkalemia could be up to 20% in heart failure patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and it is associated with an increased risk of mortality and major adverse cardiovascular events. According to the United States Renal Data System (USRDS) (2018), the overall prevalence of CKD (stages 1-5) among the adult general population in the U.S. was 14.8% during 2013–2016.
Request a Sample of Hyperkalemia Drugs Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=57756
- Potassium is considered one of the most effective alkalinizing agents for the treatment of hyperkalemia. Moreover, its usage in the management of acute and chronic hyperkalemia, related to advanced medical illness, is considered the standard care in most parts of the world. Hence, increase in the number of patients undergoing treatment of hyperkalemia is likely to fuel the growth of the global hyperkalemia drugs market.
- Treatments utilizing these therapies are known to minimize the potassium levels in the blood only to a certain extent. Limited number of approved therapies makes it a potential market. However, the pipeline for hyperkalemia is weak, with only two molecules being studied currently. These molecules are in the pre-clinical stages of development and are not expected to enter the market during the forecast period.
Enquiry before Buying Hyperkalemia Drugs Market Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=EB&rep_id=57756
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Hyperkalemia Drugs Market
Geographically, the global hyperkalaemia drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. A study published in Current Medical Research and Opinion in 2018 indicated that the overall prevalence of hyperkalaemia in the U.S. was 1.57%, or 4 million, of the total population in 2014. Moreover, prevalence of hyperkalaemia rises with increase in kidney diseases, heart failure, diabetes, and hypertension. North America captured the largest share of the global hyperkalaemia drugs market in 2020, due to high prevalence of hyperkalaemia in the U.S., high rate of diagnosis & treatment of the disease, well-established health care infrastructure, and high awareness about hyperkalaemia. The U.S.’s dominance of the market in North America is attributed to presence of leading players, increase in cases of disease-related conditions, favorable health care reimbursement scenario, and high disposable income of patients.? Moreover, increase in incidence of hyperkalaemia and surge in geriatric population are the key factors boosting the growth of the market in the country.
Key Players Operating in Global Hyperkalemia Drugs Market
The global hyperkalemia drugs market is highly fragmented, with the presence of large number of key players. These players hold major market share in their respective regions. Strategies such as new product development and commercialization are being adopted by leading players operating in the global hyperkalemia drugs market.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
About Us Section:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyse information. Now avail flexible Research Subscriptions, and access Research multi-format through downloadable databooks, infographics, charts, interactive playbook for data visualization and full reports through MarketNgage, the unified market intelligence engine. Sign Up for a 7 day free trial!
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453