Today, more and more people prefer online shopping to offline. This fact applies to food delivery as well. On-demand delivery app development helps save the customer a lot of time, because people will be able to read the menu, choose a convenient time and the desired dishes to order. In this way restaurants receive profit and happy clients.
Key Features of Food Ordering Apps
Each mobile application for ordering food has a unique design. In most cases it preserves the general corporate identity, different functionality and capabilities. But they share common characteristics. Regardless of whether an application is being created for an iPhone or for an Android, a certain set of functions must be present.
The client version of the application should look stylish and attractive, and at the same time be as clear as possible. The main task is to make it possible to order quickly and comfortably. Technically, the client version of the application should have the following characteristics:
- Personal profile. It contains information about the customer, preferences, payment methods and other useful information.
- Delivery time and real time tracking. A useful function that will show how long the courier will arrive. A nice addition is the ability to track in real time where the order is..
- Payments. Payment functionality should be stylishly designed to evoke a sense of security and be technically well implemented. Several payment methods, the ability to repeat a payment, a card scan function and other solutions will help make the payment process fast and secure.
- Ratings and reviews. Before ordering, the client should familiarize himself with the dish. And the best way to do this is to study the rating and reviews about the institution and the dish itself.
- Push notifications. This function will allow you to instantly receive messages about changes in order status. For example, that the dish is ready and the courier has left, that the delivery has been made, and so on.
In any work involving contact with people, there are disagreements and difficulties. When working with the field of nutrition, there are even more such questions and problems. The administrator decides them. In addition, he must process orders, receive payments and monitor the work of couriers. The admin version should include the following features:
- Personal profiles. Moreover, both customer profiles and couriers. This will help to establish work and improve contact between the restaurant/cafe and the client.
- Content management. Adding new items, changing prices, the ability to block establishments or particular dishes, and other content management functions must be implemented..
- Order Processing. The administrator accepts online orders and processes them in the shortest possible time. If this is an aggregator, then it redirects the order to an establishment, if the application is created for its own restaurant or cafe, then the processing and implementation of the order.
- Receiving payments. The payment function is implemented in the client version of the application, while in the administrative one it is necessary to provide an opportunity to get acquainted with the status of the payment, receipt tables and other information related to payment.
The courier in the customer-institution chain is the most important link. The overall efficiency of the establishment depends on the efficiency of his work, therefore the courier version of the application should include the following functions:
- Personal profile. It contains information about the courier, his rating, reviews about the work, the number of completed orders and other useful information for the courier.
- Order management. The ability to accept, reject an order, study the details, write a comment, and other functions that ensure efficient work with orders.
- Status. A function that allows you to see the status of the order, its features and other necessary information in real time.
- Places and routes. It is important for the courier to provide a high-quality map showing locations and routes. This will improve work efficiency, improve logistics and improve the speed of delivery.
All three versions of a food delivery app should include these feature sets. The rest of the possibilities are selected individually, depending on the budget, the amount of time allocated, the characteristics of the institution and other data.
Factors affecting development costs
The cost of developing an on demand food app delivery may vary depending on platform, features, and other factors.
- Platform Choice: The platform for which a food app is being developed can affect the overall cost. It is necessary to choose the platform on which the application will be available - iOS, Android, or both. If you need to make it available for both iOS and Android, then you need to decide whether to develop native app for each platform, or to develop one cross-platform mobile app that can run on both platforms.
- Application Complexity: The number of features and the complexity of the application also affect the development cost.
- Size of development team: The size of the application development team plays a role in overall costs. In general, a well-known mobile app development company with a large team will incur higher overhead costs than a freelance developer or a small company.
- Developer Location: It is a common fact that companies in the UK, USA, Canada and Australia are more expensive than companies in Eastern Europe or India when it comes to application development costs..
- There is also an MVP development. This is an opportunity to make a simple application as quickly as possible in order to understand how efficiently it works. The cost of such development is much lower than the main food delivery application. It significantly limits the functionality and simplifies the design. But its presence will help you understand whether your institution needs an individual application, or it is better to check the effectiveness of the aggregator. In case of failure, the business saves a significant part of the money. But in case of success, 2 tasks are immediately completed: the prospect of digitalization is shown and an announcement for customers. In addition, the MVP application continues to work and generate income while the main version is being created..
Developing a food delivery mobile app is a great investment for most food institutions. You can also make an application without the presence of an institution, and use it as an aggregator. The main task is to satisfy the needs of the client and to make the order quick and easy. In such a case, the business gets an expansion of the audience, an increase in loyalty, and competitiveness,so that income increases and the company grows.