About Azure Database Administrator Associate Certification
Candidates who complete the MS Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate Certification course will be able to administer a SQL Server database infrastructure for hybrid relational, cloud, and on-premises databases, as well as those who work with the MS PaaS relational database products. The Microsoft Azure Database Administrator Associate employs a variety of tools and techniques to carry out day-to-day tasks, including the use of T-SQL for administrative purposes. Individuals who design apps that deliver content from SQL-based relational databases will also benefit from it. Database administrators and data management specialists who administer cloud relational and on-premises databases built on top of Microsoft Azure data services and MS SQL Server are the most common candidates.
Azure Database Administrator Associate Certification Details
Step 1: Review the certification requirements for skills and knowledge.
Step 2: Recommendations for certification training:
• DP-300: Microsoft Azure Relational Database Administration
Step 3: Pass this exam and earn your certification.
• DP-300 exam.
Measurement of Database Administrator Skills
• Create and deploy data platform resources.
• Create a safe environment.
• Surveillance and optimization of operational resources
• Improve query performance.
• Tasks should be automated.
• Create a High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment and put it in place.
• T-SQL Certification Latest Updates are used for administration.
Update on Microsoft Azure Database Administrator Associate Certification
- Microsoft role-based certificates were previously only valid for two years.
- Certifications will be valid for one year starting in June 2021, however, they can be renewed for free online at Microsoft Learn.
- Six months before the certificate expires, the renewal window opens. Before the certificate expires, you can take a free online assessment to have it extended for an additional year from the current expiration date.
- Do you want the finest of both old and new worlds? Certifications gained before June 2021 will have a two-year validity period and will be eligible for the new renewal process.
How I Passed the Azure Database Administrator Associate
I passed the Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate Exam DP-300: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure today.
In this post, I'd want to offer some of the resources that helped me get this certification.
I completed all of the recommended learning routes shown on the exam page. The Azure Fundamentals learning route, in particular. You can go through all of the fundamentals of the Azure SQL family of products at your own pace on the learning path. However, there was an alternative (at the time) approved paths:
• Resources for the data platform should be planned and implemented.
• Implement a database service's secure environment.
• SQL Server allows you to keep track of and optimize your operating resources.
• SQL Server query performance can be improved.
• Plan and implement high availability and disaster recovery environment in SQL Server.
In addition, I viewed the entire Azure SQL for Beginners playlist. This is the same as the learning path, except only Anna Hoffman and Bob Ward present it. They present the topics in a straightforward manner. The Data Exposes series is also a useful resource for learning about most of the features available in the Azure SQL family of products, as well as new features that are added over time. This is more of a general resource than a certification-specific one.
Bob Wards Azure SQL book
Bob Ward's book, Azure SQL Revealed, is another useful resource. Bob Ward takes the reader on a journey from his years of maintaining on-premises SQL servers to Azure in this book.
These three resources, together with some SQL server practical experience, should help you become a "Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate" as well.