Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market Introduction:
- is a chemical used to alter the pH or potential hydrogen level. It is the measurement of the activity of the hydrogen ion or how basic or acidic something is pH reagent such as an acid can be used to drive pH downward. Caustic or other alkaline substances are used to drive the pH upward.
- Common acids or bases used as pH adjusters are sodium hydroxide (50%) and sulfuric acid (98%). Sodium carbonate (soda ash), ammonium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide (lime) or magnesium hydroxide can also be used to raise the pH of an acidic liquid. Phosphoric acid, hydrochloric acid (HCI), nitric acid, or carbon dioxide can be used, in addition to sulfuric, to lower the pH of a base liquid. These are all effective chemicals for pH adjustment.
- In terms of application, the global market can be divided into stabilizers, fungicides, pesticides, herbicides, neutralizing agents, and others. The stabilizers segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to rise in usage of pH adjusters as stabilizers in various chemical processes. The neutralizing agents segment is also estimated to expand at significant pace during the forecast period. Neutralization systems are used in a wide range of industries, from semiconductors and metal finishing to pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Key Drivers of Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market
- Rapid expansion of the personal care & cosmetics industry is expected to boost the consumption of potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters during the forecast period. Rise in consumer focus toward grooming and personal appearance is also boosting the consumption of cosmetic products at the global level. Rapid urbanization, increase in per capita disposable income of consumers, and expansion of the personal care & cosmetics industry are driving the market. Potential Hydrogen (pH) adjusters adjust the pH of a finished cosmetics and personal care products. Citric acid and lactic acid are the most suitable acids to reduce the pH of cosmetic products. Thus, increase in usage of Potential Hydrogen (pH) adjusters in the personal care & cosmetics industry for maintaining safe pH level is projected to propel the market during the forecast period.
- Growth in usage of Potential Hydrogen (pH) adjusters in wastewater treatment plants is expected to augment the global Potential Hydrogen (pH) adjusters market during the forecast period. Chemicals used in wastewater treatment to adjust pH serve to modify the ionic charge of the wastewater.
Key Restraints of Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters market, thereby adversely affecting the market.
- Lack of awareness and less adoption of potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters in many developed and underdeveloped countries is projected to restrain the market growth during forecast period
COVID-19 impact on Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is hampering the demand for potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters in many applications. Various countries across the globe have enforced lockdown as a measure to curb the spread of the disease. This has resulted in slowdown and halt of manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. In turn, this has adversely affected the demand for potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters.
Prominent Players in Global Potential Hydrogen (pH) Adjusters Market
Major players operating in the global potential hydrogen (pH) adjusters market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- BASF SE
- Syngenta Crop Protection AG
- ADAMA India Private Limited
- Monsanto Company
About Us :
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.