Candida is a type of yeast that is naturally present in the body. However, when candida overgrows, it can lead to a variety of health problems, including oral thrush, digestive problems, and chronic fatigue.
One way to check for candida overgrowth is to do a candida spit test. This test is simple and non-invasive, and it can be done at home.
How to do a candida spit test:
- First thing in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, spit into a glass of water.
- Let the glass sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, observe the glass. If there are strands of saliva floating in the water, this could be a sign of candida overgrowth.
Interpretation of results:
- Negative: If the saliva sinks to the bottom of the glass and there are no strands floating in the water, then the test is negative.
- Positive: If there are strands of saliva floating in the water, then the test is positive. This could be a sign of candida overgrowth.
If you have a positive candida spit test:
If you have a positive candida spit test, it is important to see a doctor to confirm the diagnosis and get treatment. There are a number of things that can be done to treat candida overgrowth, including dietary changes, antifungal medications, and probiotics.