Polymer Additives: Introduction
- Additives are chemicals added to the base polymer to improve process ability, prolong the life span, and/or achieve the desired physical or chemical properties in the final product. While the content of additives is typically only a few percent, their impact on polymer performance and stability is significant. Once the additives are added, the polymer blend is referred as a master batch and is processed accordingly. In other words, polymer additives are chemicals added to polymer matrix to improve the process ability of polymers, enhance the service life of polymer product, or to suit some special end use requirement of the product.
- Additives are minor components that modify the properties of polymer giving it strength, durability, and heat sensitivity. Additives are selected based on the types of polymer or polymer additive applications. This leads to development of value-added products with improved durability as well as other advantages.
- The different types of polymer additives are plasticizers, stabilizers, processing aids, antibacterial additives, anti-static, blowing agents, fillers, coupling agents, desiccants, and color-changing additives, among others. These additives have specific characteristics that meet the demand in the integrated industries. Stabilizers are added to prolong the useful life of a polymer formulation by protecting it from thermal and light-assisted oxidation.
- Anti-scratch, anti-fog, anti-static, mold release, plasticization, slip, torque release, UV protection, and WPC lubrication are important technologies in the polymer additives market
Download PDF Brochure – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=80109
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Polymer Additives Market
- Rise in demand for polymer additives in the global market can be attributed to the intrinsic benefits from their use. Polymer additives play a crucial role in various industries, especially automotive, manufacturing, and packaging, wherein the enhancement of properties of the end-use product is an important factor.
- Inexpensive plastic equipment and similar properties of polymer additives to that of metal equipment are projected to drive the global polymer additives market in the next few years
Polymer Additives: Type Segment
- In terms of type, the global polymer additives market can be classified into plasticizers, antioxidants, heat stabilizers, ultraviolet stabilizers, flame retardants, and others
- Plasticizers are the most commonly used polymer additives in the market. The plasticizer segment is anticipated to capture significant market share during the forecast period.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/useful-characteristics-of-metallic-stearates-market-to-invite-good-growth-prospects-from-diverse-end-users-asia-pacific-to-serve-as-prominent-regional-contributor-for-metallic-stearates-market-between-2020-and-2030-opines-tmr-884205377.html
Polymer Additives: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global polymer additives market can be categorized into biopolymers, caps & closures, film production, packaging, injection molding, PVC & vinyl plastisols, automotive plastics, and others
- The packaging segment, followed by the automotive segment, is expected to account for significant share of the global polymer additives market during the forecast period
- The biopolymers segment is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period
Covid-19 Impact on Polymer Additives Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a swift and negative impact on the globally integrated industries, including automotive, industrial, and manufacturing, by hampering the production and supply chain significantly. Manufacturing industries came to a complete halt due to lockdown measures adopted by various countries to stop the spread of the deadly disease. This hindered production activities of polymer additives significantly.
Request For the Customization - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=80109
Asia Pacific to Dominate Polymer Additives Market
- In terms of region, the global polymer additives market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific, followed by Europe, is projected to be the key market for polymer additives during the forecast period. Increase in demand for polymer additives in the packaging, automotive, and manufacturing industries in China, Japan, and India drives the market in Asia Pacific.
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=80109
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Polymer Additives Market
The global polymer additives market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global polymer additives market include:
- Chemtura Corporation
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Bayer AG
- Clariant Ltd.
- Kaneka Corporation
- Lanxess AG
- Zeon Chemicals
- Axel Plastics Research Laboratories, Inc.
- DOW Plastic Additives
Global Polymer Additives Market: Research Scope
Global Polymer Additives Market, by Type
- Heat Stabilizers
- Ultraviolet Stabilizers
- Flame Retardants
Global Polymer Additives Market, by Ingredients
- Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
- Ceramic Fiber
- Bisphenol A Diglycidyl Ether
Global Polymer Additives Market, by Technology
- Mold Release
- UV Protection
Global Polymer Additives Market, by Application
- Caps & Closures
- Film Production
- Injection Molding
- PVC & Vinyl Plastisols
- Automotive Plastics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.