Google Chrome is the browser that many people use, and for good reason. It's easy to use, fast, secure, especially if you use free online vpn veepn, and most importantly, customizable. Users can customize the look of the browser to get the look they want. Besides changing themes and backgrounds, you can also adjust the color of the tabs according to your imagination. This article will tell you how to change the tab color in Chrome so you can finally have your tabs in the color you want. Continue reading to learn more.
Change tab color with Chrome extension
Many extensions claim that they can help you change the color of your tabs, but finding extensions is not easy. Some plugins contain malware and have been reported by several users. A few options work and our top recommendation are the Color Tab. Learn how to change the color of tabs in Chrome using the Color tab.
1) Open the Chrome browser and click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
2) Go to “Settings” and scroll down to “Extras”.
3) Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
4) Select "Open Chrome Web Store" in the left sidebar.
5) Type "Color tab" in the search bar and select the first result.
6) Click Add to Chrome to finish. Once the colormap is installed, the color of the tabs will change every time you press the plus icon. Change tab color by URL
Since Google Chrome introduced tab groups, it is easy to change the tab color based on the URL. This feature is good not only for managing tabs but also for adding colors to them. Learn how to change tab color based on URL using tab group functions.
1) Open Google Chrome and right-click on the tab you want to change the color of.
2) Select "Add a tab to a new group" from the options.
3) Give the tab group a name and select its color from the options provided.
4) The newly selected URL must be different from the color of the other tabs.
5) You can add other URLs to the tab group and have them inherit the color you chose in the third step above.
Change the color of the Google Chrome tab on mobile
Unfortunately, the Google Chrome mobile app doesn't offer many options when it comes to appearance. You can only change tab colors to white or black. Here's how to do it. 1) Open the Google Chrome mobile app.
2) Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
3) Scroll down and select “Settings”.
4) Click on "Theme" and select "dark" or "light".
5) Tabs should now be black or white according to the top color.
6) You can also select "System Default" and the tabs will automatically turn black when you turn on power saving.