Do you need a cancellation for a booked trip? It is necessary to have an idea about JetBlue's flight cancellation policy before one makes any booking as there are slight changes in the terms and conditions under JetBlue Cancellation policy.
This page contains an overview of JetBlue's flight cancellation policy that will guide flyers through the cancellation process.
- According to JetBlue's cancellation policy, travelers can cancel flight reservations through both online and offline modes and can request a refund.
The refund amount will depend on the type of fare under JetBlue's cancellation policy.
- For non-refundable tickets, flyers will only accept tax as a refund. The remaining travel money will be forfeited.
- And if there is a refund for a non-refundable ticket, it will be sent in the form of a travel voucher that can be used in the future. Credit will be valid for 365 days. There are no refunds for this credit.
- However, cancellations on refundable tickets will be eligible for a refund in the advance payment method. Flyers can claim a refund for travel credit.
- Airlines will charge a cancellation fee regardless of service class and fare type.
- Fees will apply for both refundable and non-refundable flight tickets.
- Flyers can cancel flights within 24 hours of initial flight booking free of charge and a full refund will be initiated. Tickets must be booked at least a week or more before flight departure.
- Flights must be to or from the US on this basis to be significant.
- It allows exceptions to this cancellation policy in certain circumstances.
If the passenger cancels the flight due to bad weather, can claim a full refund regardless of fare type. The airline will not charge any fee for cancellation and may also request a refund for the unused portion.
- Flyers with mosaic rewards can cancel flights, but must pay JetBlue's award cancellation fee for non-refundable tickets.
- Passengers can also claim a voucher during the journey as a refund.
There is no cancellation fee for Blue, Blue Extra, Blue Plus or Mint fares when canceling just one day before flight departure.
- Cancellation by phone may incur an additional charge of 25 USD however this can be avoided if cancellation is done online.