IVF cost in Ghana at We Care IVF Surrogacy is around USD 4000 for a single fresh IVF cycle, which is quite reasonable compared to IVF treatment at other clinics in Ghana. The IVF cost in Ghana depends on various factors such as mentioned below:
- Couple's age: Couple's age is a major factor that can increase the IVF cost in Ghana as the study says that women above 35 and men above 40 start facing challenges with the production of eggs and sperm, to increase the production they need high fertility dosage that increase their overall IVF treatment package cost. The fertility experts at We Care IVF Surrogacy advise couples to go for IVF treatment below 35.
- Bodyweight: Bodyweight is another factor that increases the IVF cost in Ghana as couples with over or under bodyweight require high fertility dosage to increase the production of eggs and sperms, which increases their cost. The fertility experts advise couples to maintain their ideal body weight as per their body mass index (BMI) to achieve successful output.
- The number of IVF cycles: The estimated cost for basic IVF treatment in Ghana is around USD 4000 for one cycle; however, this cost increases when people require more than one cycle to achieve a successful outcome.
- Eating habits: Couples who eat unhealthy food and consume illegal drugs or alcohol have issues with their fertility, and they cannot produce multiple eggs and sperms for fertilization. They need an extra fertility dosage that helps them produce multiple eggs and sperms, and it will increase the overall IVF cost in Ghana. The fertility experts advise the couples to start eating healthy and hygienic food & quit illegal drugs before they plan for an IVF treatment.
What is an IVF procedure in Ghana?
IVF is a surgical procedure in which the fertility professionals at We Care IVF Surrogacy mix the eggs and sperms of the genetic parents to facilitate fertilization. Once fertilization occurs, the qualified embryologist will choose the healthiest embryo/s to transfer into the recipient uterus using a fine thin needle called a catheter and wait for the signs & symptoms of pregnancy.
After 14 days of an embryo, the transfer couple needs to visit the fertility clinic for a pregnancy test, which will be performed using ultrasound where the fertility expert listens to the fetal heartbeat. Once she heard the heartbeat, it confirms that the pregnancy has taken place successfully, and couples can be released to their local gynecologist.
It is a single-cycle IVF procedure; if couples fail to achieve a successful result in one attempt, they can undergo the second attempt of IVF or can proceed with advanced procedures of IVF to have their baby.
What are the advanced IVF procedures available at We Care IVF Surrogacy?
The following are the advanced IVF procedures at We Care IVF Surrogacy clinic in Ghana, and these are:
- IVF with ICSI: IVF with ICSI is a procedure in which the fertility expert will directly inject a single sperm into each egg to facilitate fertilization. After fertilization occurs, the formed embryo will be implanted into the birth mother's uterus. The entire procedure will cost around USD 4000 in Ghana.
- IVF with PGD: IVF with PGD is a procedure in which the fertility experts screen a single cell from the formed embryo before transferring it into a woman's uterus to check if there is any genetic disorder attached with the embryo or not. The fertility experts at We Care IVF Surrogacy will advise couples with hereditary issues to go for the IVF with PGD to prevent their child from a genetic disorder. The cost for IVF with PGD is around USD 3000 per embryo screening in Ghana.
- IVF with egg donation: IVF with egg donation is a procedure in which the fertility experts at We Care IVF Surrogacy will use the donor eggs and mix them with the recipient husband's sperm to facilitate fertilization. It is a procedure recommended to those women who cannot produce good quality eggs for fertilization. The IVF cost in Ghana with egg donation procedure is around USD 4500.
- IVF with Gestational Surrogacy: IVF with gestational Surrogacy is a procedure in which the fertility experts will fertilize the donor or biological mother's eggs with donor or biological father's sperm to facilitate fertilization. Once the fertilization occurs, the embryo will be placed into the gestational surrogate mother's uterus to establish a successful pregnancy. IVF with Surrogacy is a procedure that is useful for same-sex couples, single parents, women who cannot hold a pregnancy in their womb, etc. The cost of IVF with Gestational Surrogacy in Ghana is around USD 10,000.