As we all know that hair fall is very common in both men and women. Suppose 50 to 100 strands are falling in a day; it's common. But if you feel it's more than that, it's time to consult the doctor and understand the reason behind it. You should start taking the treatment as early as possible. Otherwise, sometimes the hair fall turns into permanent hair loss.
In this blog, the expert hair surgeons of Citrine Clinic have shared crucial insights about hair transplants. Citrine Clinic, founded by Dr. Niti Gaur is known for providing the best FUT hair transplant in Gurgaon. The clinic has a team of experts who work efficiently to provide desired and best results to the patient. Continue reading to learn more.
Treatment for Hair loss:
There are two types of treatment for hair loss:
- FUT (Follicular unit transplantation)
- FUE (Follicular unit extraction)
Both of the methods are the most commonly used method for hair transplants. But there are several factors that make FUT better. Let’s understand what FUT is and its related aspects.
What is FUT Treatment?
- FUT hair transplant is a restoration procedure where a strip of scalp is cut from the back side of the head and transplanted by the stitches on the treated area.
- The strip is cut into small pieces so that it gives natural-looking hair once the hair is implanted.
- The procedure is done under local anesthesia so that the patient feels no pain.
- Once the entire procedure of transplantation of hair on the affected area is done, the bandage and antibiotic are applied on the scalp to avoid any risk of infection.
- The complete results are visible after 6 to 9 months. It may take one year for certain individuals depending on their skin type, the severity of baldness, and the density of harvested follicles.
What to Expect After a FUT Hair Transplant?
FUT takes up to 5 weeks to recover the swelling and discomfort. Stitches will be removed after 7 to 10 days of the procedure. Following are the postoperative instructions one should follow:
- Do not take a shower or wash your hair for at least five days.
- Once hair wash is started, use prescribed and gentle shampoos.
- Take optimum rest to facilitate healing.
- Avoid brushing and combing, and do not cover your hair by wearing hats or beanies till your doctor confirms.
- Avoid any strenuous physical activity.
- Follow a balanced diet and optimum water intake.
- Follow prescribed medications and routine visits for any adequate treatment, if required.
The Success Rate of FUT Hair Transplant
Studies have revealed that about 85% to 95% of the implanted graft grows quickly in the transplanted area. This data supports the high efficiency of the success rate of hair transplant procedures based on customer satisfaction.
One can get the best FUT hair transplants at Citrine Clinic in Gurgaon. The clinic has expert technicians who have done many successful hair transplant surgeries. One must visit the clinic to know more options about hair fall or hair loss treatments.