Thermoplastic films are widely used in the packaging industry due to their ability to easily pack materials in transit. These films will easily protect the packaging contents and help to easily store the materials. Testing the co-efficient of friction value helps to ensure that quality material will be delivered to the customers. The coefficient of friction (COF) is a measure of how well two surfaces slide against each other. A higher COF means more resistance to sliding, which can help prevent contents from shifting during transport or storage. Presto is a leading manufacturer of co-efficient of friction tester that has been designed as per industrial standards that includes ASTM D618, ASTM D 883, BS 2782, and ASTM D 1894.
Besides this, the coefficient of friction value will help to ensure the manufacturers with the stacking ability of plastic films. Here in this blog, we will discuss how you can easily maintain the coefficient of friction testing instruments. We will also discuss the importance of co-efficient of friction testers in the packaging industry.
What are packaging films and why they should be tested against friction value?
The packaging films are used to protect food, pharmaceuticals, and other related products, with their thickness transparency, and other properties. To ensure that packaging films will properly protect their contents, it is important to test their friction value.
There are several ways to measure COF, but the most common method is the ASTM D1894-16 Standard Test Method for Measuring Friction Coefficients of Packaging Films and Laminates. This test measures the COF of a film or laminate when it is pulled across a horizontal surface at a constant speed.
The COF test can be used to compare different types of packaging films and to select the best film for a particular application. For example, if you were packaging products that were likely to slide during transport, you would want to choose a film with a high friction value. You can easily perform packaging film co-efficient of friction test with Presto COF tester. Now, let us discuss brief information about Presto’s co-efficient of friction tester.
Introduction about Presto co-efficient of friction tester
Packaging films are an important part of any business that ships products. It is essential to test the friction value of these films in order to ensure that your products will arrive safely and securely at their destination. Presto coefficient of friction tester is considered to be one of the high-quality lab testing equipment that is used to test the frictional properties of the materials and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
This high-quality lab testing instrument will also help in testing the coefficient of friction value in flex packs. Now, let us discuss brief information about its features and technical specifications.
Features of Presto COF tester
The Presto COF tester has been strictly made in accordance with industry standards that help to ensure that users will get highly accurate testing results. The standard test method ASTM D 1894 is best for evaluating and unit of coefficient of friction the frictional value.
ASTM D1894 is a testing standard that is used for determining the friction of plastic film and sheeting. Using this test, the static coefficient of friction and the kinetic coefficient of friction of the test material can be measured. Below we have listed the features of this quality lab testing instrument.
- Clamps are provided to attach samples to the glass slab
- Safety switches are provided at the end surface to stop the motion of the load cell along with the weight
- Gives both dynamic and static friction
- Speed regulating knob
- Digital display for both kinetic and dynamic friction
- Calibrated in accordance with ISO norms, the Calibration Certificate provided is traceable to (NABL)
With these high-end features, one can accurately get frictional value and prevent accidents due to friction. Now, let us discuss its technical specifications.
Technical specifications of Presto COF tester
- Outer Body Construction: Mild Steel, Powder Coated
- Sample Mounting Construction: Stainless steel with glass mounting
- Load Cell Capacity: 5Kgf
- Motor: Single phase, ¼ H.P
- Display for load: Dual Display: Digital and Computerized
- Block: Weight, Dimension, Thickness: 200gm, 63.5 x 63.5 mm, As per Load
- Speed: 150±30mm/min
- Standards: ASTM D1894, ASTM D202, ASTM D4918, ISO 8295 and TAPPI T815
- Power Supply: 220 V AC, 50 Hz, Single Phase Power Supply
- Safety: Limit Switch
- Weight of slide Clamp: 200g
- Accuracy: 2.5%
- Least Count: 1g
Easy steps to maintain COF tester
The Presto coefficient of static frictionis easy to use lab testing instrument that can effectively be maintained to be used for a longer time. Below we have listed the steps to maintain it.
- Proper greasing of the lead screw and motor assembly once within a six month
- Glass plates should be dirt and dust free
- Do not place sharp tools on the glass plate to avoid the scratches
- While clamping the sample, the clamp should be handled with care to protect the glass against any leakage
- Do not put the sample while running the machine
You can easily ensure high-quality films are delivered with the Presto COF testing instrument. To know more about COF tester price, or want to conduct a FREE sample testing session, then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.
Source link – https://www.prestogroup.com/articles/how-to-maintain-the-co-efficient-of-friction-tester-for-a-longer-time/