Expats wondering how to move to the UAE will be relieved to learn that it is a relatively simple process. With an ex-pat population nearly five times that of Emirati nationals, the UAE makes relocating to their country simple.
When moving to the UAE, ex-pats should be aware that the country is divided into seven emirate states: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm Al Quwain. Although these states are governed by a single federal body, each has its local government. Expats should research the laws in their specific emirate for specific relocation needs such as health insurance, school search, and housing requirements.
While there are numerous advantages to relocating to the UAE, one of the most significant is that it is common for UAE companies to handle all legal aspects of the ex-pat relocation process. Companies in the UAE will not only sponsor an employee's residence visa but will also handle all of the paperwork. Employers are also legally required in some emirate states to provide healthcare for ex-pat employees and their dependents.
Legalization of Documents for the UAE
If you previously lived in the UAE and have since relocated to another country, you will almost certainly be required to provide a UAE Police Clearance Certificate attestation in UAE for your new residence permit or work visa. Obtaining these from abroad can be difficult, but it doesn't have to be difficult because our Dubai team provides all of the information you'll need.
In a U-turn from their earlier notification, the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MOFA) has now issued a directive to all Embassies worldwide that the requirement for Good Conduct Certificates to be provided when applying for a UAE Residence Visa will be postponed from April 1st.
In this case, attestation simply means legalizing documents attested outside of the UAE for use within the UAE. This may be required for a variety of reasons, such as work permits, residency visas, legal processes, or anything else where the document's authenticity must be verified.
Many terms are used to describe the process of making a document issued in one country legally recognized in another. The process you require may involve several steps, but the concept itself can be perplexing due to terminology. Different countries refer to the legalization process in different ways, so it's critical to speak with a specialist who can understand your specific needs and advise you accordingly to ensure you don't run into any issues with your documentation.
Whether you're moving to the UAE to advance your career, be closer to loved ones, or simply to start over, you'll need to know how to obtain a UAE visa or work permit. Most ex-pats who plan to stay in the UAE for more than 90 days will require an entry visa. Fear not if you do not yet have employment in the UAE. Entry visas can be sponsored by a variety of organizations, including airlines, hotels, and even a fellow ex-pat with a residence visa in the UAE.
The UAE visa application process is simple once you have an entry permit. For the majority of ex-pats, your employer will process the visa paperwork and apply on your behalf. Many companies will also do this for employees' dependents, including covering all visa costs.
The UAE offers a variety of visa options. If you are moving to the UAE as a self-employed worker, you must register in one of the UAE's many "free zones." Within the seven emirates, there are nearly 40 of these zones, but only a few of them sponsor self-employed visas. The self-employed visa requirements vary by the emirate, but on average, ex-pats will only need to license their business within a free zone and rent an office space. Attestation service agencies will provide a clear guidance about Relocating To The UAE.