Prom night has become a moment for just about any girl, and also the prom dresses, and accessories count! Having the right bag can make or break all of your looks, especially because it can carry a lot of important items inside!
Your friends as well as their dates are gathering together for photos. Then it’s to dinner and dancing. You’ve selected the perfect dress, and had your makeup done as well as your hair styled!
Your look is on point and you're simply ready to drop jaws and also have the time of your lifetime. But don’t forget to overlook one extremely important thing prior to you heading out. Packing an ideal prom purse.
If you haven’t given a lot as a second consideration to what you’re likely to pack inside your purse on prom night, reconsider. The cute little clutch you selected will be doing a bit of heavy-duty lifting tonight. Its contents have to carry you against a 6 pm dinner via a 6 am breakfast.
It could keep you opting for everything in between. Luckily, we’ve taken time to pen this handy help guide to packing your purse. To continue reading, plan in advance, and go ahead and take the night by storm with everything you'll need ready at a moment’s notice.
Prom Purse Essential #1: The Basics
First and foremost, pack your purse having a card case. Add the key items you have to carry: your driver’s license, credit cards, cash, your school ID, an urgent situation contact card, as well as your prom tickets. Without these things, it is going to be hard (otherwise impossible) to obtain past the security and enter prom.
We suggest carrying enough cash that you could easily cover your dinner if purchased separately out of your high school’s prom. You’ll also be prepared to pay for just about any extras that may pop up around the night. That could incorporate a taxi fare or photographs.
Add another $50 if at all possible, in case of an urgent situation. You’ll wish to carry cash without a doubt if you are spending money on dinner having a big group. Some formal restaurants will not wish to split the dinner bill 8 methods of everyone paying having a card.
The last basic you’ll have to pack inside your purse for prom is the phone. Be sure to charge up completely before leaving the house. Put your phone on airplane mode if you wish to conserve power.
You can still take photos of yourself as well as your friends during airplane mode. Then switch on briefly to publish if you wish to upload them online. That way, if you have to use your phone to have an important reason, you’ll have conserved enough energy.
An alternative would be to bring a charger or backup battery along with you. Though adding another bulky item for your prom purse could be the last thing you wish to do.
Prom Purse Essential #2: Emergency Kit
Make sure you've everything you have to address prom night ‘emergencies.’ We suggest that you simply pack the next:
• At least one of two bandaids for blisters
• A teeny tiny mini tube of toothpaste or small Listerine breath strips and also hardwearing. breath fresh for the following 12 hours
• Bobby pins to repair any prom hairstyle snafus
• A ponytail holder to help you throw hair up for after-prom
• A mini stick of blister block
• A mini clear nail polish if you're wearing tights or stockings, to prevent any runs, or to prevent a nail from chipping further. You may never have to use just a single one of your emergency kit items. You will easily be glad that you simply packed them if you've any of the above common prom issues. Even if you don’t need them, your very best friends will like you even a lot more than they already do if you have the fix for their problem inside your purse.
Blush lace bodycon prom dress
Prom Purse Essential #3: Fuel
Many teenagers forget that prom is really a long night's activity and dancing. It can cause you to work up a sweat plus an appetite. Don’t forget to bring along some fuel for prom night to help keep you happy and energetic.
We suggest including the next:
• A snack bar or two – aim to incorporate a protein energy bar rather than a granola bar, since granola bars are full of carbs and have less protein. Protein supplies a sustainable energy boost that keeps your blood sugar levels steady. Carb-heavy bars may cause you to feel energetic as it were and then suffer a sugar crash.
• B12 vitamins or perhaps an energy shot drink – going for a B vitamin might help boost your energy and your feet when you start to obtain tired. The same applies in case your body does well using the B12 energy shot drinks. Toting among those along for that night could be a good option when you start to obtain sleepy.
• vitamin C packet (like Emergen-C, or Airborne) – mixing a vitamin C packet right into a cup of water around midnight will even help keep your time levels high for that after-party. It will even help battle any germs, so you’re less likely to obtain sick after staying up through the night – win-win!
Prom Purse Essential #5: Makeup Touch-Up Kit
You’ve already spent considerable time and money having your prom night makeup look perfect. Remember to bring along a mini makeup touch-up kit in your purse. This will be sure that your flawless face stays this way until the morning hours.
Makeup and cosmetics to Include:
• Lipstick, lip stain, or lipgloss within the color you're wearing
• Mini mascara wand to help keep those lashes looking fabulous
• A concealer that suits the shade of the foundation (and complexion!). This could keep any pimples covered up throughout the night long. Foundation and translucent powder are crucial too.
• Oil blotting pads to take in any excess and your skin and face flawless and shine-free
• Chapstick should the lipstick would be too drying on your lips
• Eye makeup remover wipes whenever you dance an excessive amount and you sweat off your eyeliner or eye shadow. There’s nothing worse than raccoon eyes after sweating up a storm. When you pack eye shadows remover wipes you are able to wipe the surplus off from beneath your eyes. Then reapply some mascara, and become good as new super fast.
Prom Purse Essential #6: Stain Rescue Kit
We’ve already written an in-depth article regarding how to treat any stains that may happen on prom night. Remembering to bring along the items you have to treat a stain effectively is half the battle. If you've any room left inside your prom purse, make sure to include the next:
• Chalk within the color of the dress – oils from foods are probably the most common formal dress stains. If you're a small bit of chalk within the color of the dress, you are able to quickly color within the stain to absorb the oils from the fabric.
Then, grab your dinner napkin or the hem of the two piece prom dresses. Pat & brush the chalk off until it blends in better using the rest of the dress. This is most effective with white and light-colored dresses. The results vary depending on the ability to match the color of the dress using the color chalk you are able to find.
Hitting up a Toys R Us store and snagging an inexpensive bunch of kids’ sidewalk chalk is really a good strategy for finding a plethora of colors. Then you as well as your closest friends can each select the chalk color closest to their respective prom dress to carry for that night.
• Salt Packet – salt packets are ideal for pouring along with liquid stains simply because they can take in the color within the liquid, alleviating the stain. Simply pour along with the stain, press down and permit to sit for some minutes before brushing off.
• Stain stick or stain removal wipe – toss a tidy little to-go wipe inside of the purse on prom night to have an effective way to wipe away stains. These work fairly well on all types of stains, including lipstick stains, and a typical prom-night woe.
A Few Final Tips
If you’ve managed to get all the way through this lengthy tome, congratulations! You’ll have prepared and packed an ideal prom purse. With all of the things, you’ll wish to pack within your purse, make sure to consider going for a larger-sized clutch along with you on prom night.
If you're attending an informal prom afterparty, don’t forget to bring along a tote bag by having an extra change of clothes and shoes. Enjoy!