There are many features of single core cable and features of multi-core cables, wire and cable seller Shenghua cable group is keen to introduce you to the difference between single core cable and multi core cables.
Features of single core cable
1. The advantages of single-core cables are that the cross-sectional area ratio is small, it is not easy to be oxidized by air, it is resistant to short-circuit capacity impact, and has a long service life.
2. The defect of single-core wire is that the wire is hard, and it is inconvenient to pull the wire in some areas, so it is difficult to straighten after bending, and it is very easy to damage the wire if it is continuously bent.
3. The cost of single copper core cable is more cost-effective than multi-copper core cable.
4. The single copper core cable looks a little stiff when installed and conduit.
Features of multi-core cables
1. The advantage of the multi-core cable is that it can reduce the skin effect of the cable, thereby reducing the route loss.
2. The defects of the multi-core cable are that the compressive strength is poor, it is very easy to break, the ability to withstand surge current is poor, and it is inconvenient to form.
3. The cost of multi-copper cables is slightly higher. Multi-copper cables are softer and stronger when installed and conducted.
The difference between single core cable and multi core cable
The difference between multi-core cables and single-core cables is in terms of circuit capacity. The rated current capacity of single-core cables is greater than the rated current capacity of three-core cables of the same cross-section; in terms of insulation performance, both single-core and three-core cables need to meet national standards. On the premise of meeting the national standards, a certain safety margin needs to be left, which can be understood as qualified insulation performance, and there is no difference.
In terms of cable use, the heat dissipation performance of a single-core cable is greater than that of a three-core cable (the same type of cable), plus the rated current carrying capacity of a single-core cable of the same cross-section. The heat generation of the cable is less than that of the three-core cable, and it is safer to use.
In terms of cable laying, single-core cables are more convenient to lay and easier to bend, but single-core cables are more difficult to lay than three-core cables for long distances; from the installation of cable heads, single-core cable heads are easier to install and separate Line is convenient.
Single-core cables or multi-core cables are the best transmission lines with the same cross-sectional area. A multi-core cable is a cable with more than one insulated core. Cables play an important role in electronic products and electronic systems and are the key link to connect various functions of electronic products. They are widely used in aerospace and maritime warships and other fields. A single core means that there is only one conductor in one insulating layer. When the voltage exceeds 35kV, most single-core cables are used, and the relationship between its core and the metal shield can be regarded as the relationship between the coil and the iron core in the primary winding of a transformer. When the single-core cable core passes through the current, there will be a magnetic force line interlinked with the aluminum-clad or metal shielding layer, which will induce an induced voltage at both ends.
The above are the features of single core cable, features of multi core cables, and the difference between single core cable and multi core cable introduced by wire and cable seller Shenghua cable group. Shenghua cable group is a wire and cable seller, specializing in the production of 3 Cores 70mm 2 Copper Tape Armoured Electrical Cable and 19/33 KV 1Cx630 Non-Magnetic Steel Tape Single Core Armoured Electrical Cable, if you are interested, welcome to contact us!