If you're looking to create a backyard oasis for your family, you'll need to consider adding some slides. But what are the materials of standard outdoor slides? In this article, we'll explore the different types of slides and their materials so that you can make an informed decision about which is right for you.
What are the materials of common outdoor slides?
Many different materials can be used for outdoor slides, depending on the parents' preferences. Some popular materials include PVC pipe, wood, metal, and plastic.
Which materials are best for outdoor slides?
When it comes to choosing the perfect material for an outdoor slide, there are a few things to consider:
The slide should be sturdy and weatherproof.
The materials should be easy to clean.
The slide should be affordable.
How to make a slide from common materials
Many different materials can be used to create an outdoor slide. The most common materials include sand, dirt, mulch, and rocks.
To make a slide from sand, you will need a bucket, sandpaper, and a shovel:
Use the shovel to dig a hole in the sand that is large enough for your child to fit into.
Use sandpaper to smooth out the surface of the sand.
Fill up the gap with enough sand to cover the child's body.
image source: www.pinterest.ph
How to make an outdoor slide with PVC pipe
An outdoor playground slide is a great option if you're looking for a fun summer activity that the whole family can enjoy. All you need are materials from your local hardware store and some PVC pipe. Here's how to make one:
1. Cut a piece of PVC pipe about 8 feet long and 2 inches in diameter. Bend one end of the pipe into a U-shape to form a platform.
2. Build a slide by stacking two pieces of PVC pipe, one on top of the other, and attaching them with clamps or screws. Leave enough space at the bottom of the slide for kids to stand on.
3. Paint or seal the platform and slide with an appropriate coating, then let the children have fun!
How to make an outdoor slide with wood
An outdoor slide might be the perfect option if you're looking for a summertime activity that the whole family can enjoy. This project is easy to put together and only requires a few materials: wood boards, screws, and a drill.
First, measure the length of your slide and cut the boards to that length. Ensure the panels are the same width as well - this will help keep the sliding stable. Screw the boards together at intervals along their length using a screwdriver or drill. Finally, paint or seal your slide to protect it from weathering.
How to make an outdoor slide with metal
Making an outdoor slide with metal can be a lot of fun for the whole family. Metal is an affordable material, and it's easy to work with. You'll need a few supplies to get started, including a coat of paint and some screws. Here's how to make your metal slide:
1. Start by measuring your desired slide's length, width, and height. You'll need to account for the space between the posts.
2. Paint the posts and sides of the slide with a primary color. Allow the paint to dry entirely before screwing in the hardware.
3. Add a second color to the top of the slide if you wish. Screw in any additional hardware as desired, then hang your new drop on your backyard playground!
image source: www.pinterest.ph
Outdoor slides can be made from a variety of materials, but the most common are PVC pipe and metal railings. PVC is cheaper and easier to work with, but it doesn’t offer as strong a frame as metal does. Metal is also heavier, so it will hold up better in high-traffic areas. If you plan to install an outdoor slide for use by children or pets, make sure to choose an outdoor playground equipment that can withstand the abuse!