You can do this either by connecting over the Internet, or by attaching your ij.start.canon printer to your computer via a USB cable and allowing the printer to install and connect itself.
With this utility, you can perform tasks from your Mac® such as:
- Cleaning - to prevent ij.start.canon smudges and clear a clogged print head.
- Test Print - to check the condition of the print head and adjust the print head position.
- Power Settings - to monitor and modify the printer's power usage.
- Ink Level Information - to check the remaining ink levels.
- Ink Cartridge Settings - to select which cartridge to use.
- Quiet Settings - to adjust the printer's operating noise.
- Custom Settings - to change the printer's settings.
PIXMA Printer Wireless Connection Setup
Before attempting to connect your PIXMA printer to your wireless network, please check that you meet the following two conditions:
- Ensure that you have an access point (sometimes referred to as a router or hub) via which you get an Internet connection. Your access point must be fully functioning before you go to the next step.Ensure that you have a computing device such as a PC, Mac, Tablet or Smartphone, from here on referred to as a computer, which is successfully connected to the Internet.
- In order to confirm whether the computer to be used with the printer is connected to the network, try to browse an Internet website from the computer, for example ij.start.canon. In the event that the webpage does not show, you are not successfully connected to the Internet and this must be fixed before proceeding.
How to Install Canon Wireless Printer
Make sure that your printer is plugged in and turned on. If your printer requires an Ethernet connection to access the Internet, you'll also need to use an Ethernet cable to plug the printer into your router.
- Check to see if your printer has installation software. If your printer came with a CD, chances are that you'll need to insert the CD into your computer and allow the installation program to run before you can set up the printer.
- This is unlikely for modern printers, but some older printers require CD installation before you can connect to them.
- To install via CD, simply insert the CD into your computer's CD tray, then follow the on-screen instructions. For a Mac, you'll need an external CD reader to perform this step.
- Connect your printer to the Internet. This will typically consist of using the printer's LCD panel to select a wireless network and enter the password.
- Check your printer's instruction manual to see specific instructions on connecting your printer model to the Internet.
- You can find an online version of your printer's instruction manual on canon0020website by clicking SUPPORT, selecting MANUALS in the drop-down menu, clicking Printers, and finding your printer's model number.
- Make sure that your computer is on the same network as your printer. For your wireless printer to receive commands from your computer, both your computer and your printer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If your printer is connected to a different Wi-Fi network than your computer, change your computer's Wi-Fi network before proceeding.